Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
This position is located in Bayonne, New Jersey.
Purpose of the job:
Maintenance and repair of terminal vehicles.
1. Must conduct repair and maintenance of all the facility automobiles, trucks and heavy equipment. This includes all gasoline, propane or diesel driven vehicles and equipment.
2. Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
(A) High School Diploma
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
(A) Minimum one year experience as a mechanic in an automotive repair garage or in an industrial maintenance department working on similar vehicles.
(B) Valid Driver’s License.
(C) TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials)
Equipment Used in Job Performance:
A) Vehicle lifting equipment
B) Automotive diagnostic and test equipment
C) Machine shop and calibration equipment
D) Automotive tools
E) Computers and software
F) Hand tools
H) Safety equipment
I) Power tools
K) Company vehicles
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
1. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
2. Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
3. Ability to work in the outside element.
4. Ability to make decisions in a variable environment,
5. Ability to communicate with all other terminal departments.
6. Ability to operate and maintain company vehicles.
7. Ability to perform climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling and moderate lifting. Must be able to work in a confined space, over water and not be afraid of heights.
8. Ability to wear a respirator.
9. Ability to work overtime as needed.
Responsibilities Relating to Hazardous Substances:
The mechanic must be aware of the proper procedures for containing and disposing of automotive fluids, fuels, degreasers and solvents as will be encountered in the course of maintenance and repair. The mechanic must also be knowledgeable in precautions necessary for personal protection when working with these substances.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment