Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
Purpose of the job:
Assume overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the Miscellaneous Liquids department.
1. Provide supervision and direction to the Miscellaneous Liquids Operators.
2. Assist in coordinating shipments with customers and transportation companies.
3. Insure that all work and shipments are conducted in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
4. Conducting periodic checks of all work areas and equipment to ensure that it is in good working condition.
5. Maintaining good communication with customers in order to best serve their needs.
6. Investigate and attempt to resolve all mechanical problems prior to contacting maintenance / electricians.
7. Preparation of all related paperwork.
8. Enforcing all company procedures and policies and initiating required disciplinary action.
9. To assist Engineering Department in all construction projects for the Miscellaneous Liquids Department.
10. Monitor inventory records.
11. Screen and forward all work orders.
12. Must maintain a working knowledge of all product pipelines, valves, tanks manifolds and jumpers.
13. Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
(A) Valid Driver's license.
(B) Minimum of one year experience as an Assistant Miscellaneous Liquids Supervisor.
(C) TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials)
Equipment Used in Job Performance:
A) Company Vehicles
B) Two-way radios
C) Safety equipment
E) Hand Tools
H) Allied office equipment
I) Computers and software.
J) Vapor Recovery Equipment
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
1. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
2. Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
3. Ability to work in an office environment.
4. Ability to work in the outside element.
5. Ability to make decisions in a variable environment.
6. Ability to communicate with all other terminal departments.
7. Ability to perform climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling and moderate lifting. Must be able to work in confined spaces, over water and not be afraid of heights.
8. Ability to wear and use a respirator.
9. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
10. Must be able to distinguish colors.
11. Knowledge of basic mathematics.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment