Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
Purpose of the job:
Under limited supervision and using considerable latitude for independent judgement, the Lead O & M technician will demonstrate a thorough understanding and knowledge of operations and maintenance to the plant in order to maintain, operate and monitor all plant generating equipment/systems. This includes responding to alarms by taking appropriate corrective actions and to execute plant shutdown and startup procedures as required. This position assures the plant meets its generating requirements while operating and maintaining it in a safe and efficient manner. Additional areas of knowledge and/or expertise include an aptitude in instrumentation, controls and electrical systems.
1. Maintain a thorough knowledge of all plant systems, operating and emergency response procedures. Be able to execute procedures and equipment when necessary and access the appropriate plant manuals.
2. Investigate and clear all alarms by taking appropriate actions.
3. Perform plant startup and shutdown as necessary in accordance with proper procedures.
4. Update, maintain and review plant logs and records continuously, precisely and accurately.
5. Report anomalies and plant status to management.
6. Make adjustment and corrections as necessary.
7. Test and treat water as per written procedures.
8. Assist in training and development of new operators.
9. Complete company training. Maintain plant in a neat and orderly manner.
10. Operate plant safely.
11. Ensure proper LOTO procedures are followed.
12. Support maintenance and operations activities.
13. Complete rounds and fill out log sheets. Report anomalies to management.
14. Cover shifts as assigned. This includes overtime as necessary.
15. Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
1. High school diploma.
2. Five years of experience in maintenance and operations of stationary equipment.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificates:
1. New Jersey Blue Seal Stationary License (or higher).
2. Ability to work in a complex, high pressure, production oriented environment.
3. Ability to interface with plant staff and outside contractors.
4. Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
5. Ability to lift 50 pounds, use hand tools, work 12 hour shifts, climb stairs and ladders and properly use safety equipment.
6. Work weekends and holidays. Be available to work on days off as necessary.
7. Ability to read one-line drawings and distinguish colors.
Working Conditions and Environmental/Physical Demands:
1. Work outdoors in all-weather conditions.
2. May be exposed to hazards associated with hand tools, dust, fumes, steam and confined spaces.
3. Loud noise (must wear hearing protection).
4. Work around high voltage.
5. May be required to use a respirator.
6. Be familiar with computer monitored operations.
7. Be able to follow written and verbal instructions.