Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
Purpose of the job: To act as a liaison between customers and terminal operations on scheduling and providing timely and accurate reporting of inventories, and retention of records regarding regulatory requirements for terminal products. Also performs office management duties as well as field operational duties as assigned.
1. Communicate and coordinate with Operations the movement of customer’s products.
2. Interface with customers, products units, inspectors, vessel personnel, etc. for the purpose of reporting operational status and filling out the appropriate paperwork.
3. Notification of spills and emergencies to proper authorities both inside and outside of IMTT.
4. Handles the input of data into BLIS, Dearman and ExSTAR systems.
5. Perform assorted tank farm & dock duties to direct flow of incoming and outgoing product through terminal piping to designated spots by aligning terminal valves in accordance with established procedures. This includes loading and unloading tank trucks, marine vessels, rail cars, and pipelines.
6. Responsible for inventory reconciliation to include gauging storage tanks, accounting for product receipts, disbursements, and tank transfers. Includes maintaining related paperwork.
7. Protect the integrity and segregation of customer product during the receipt, storage, and disbursement processes by adhering to established procedures and guidelines.
8. Monitor high-level alarms and perform tank space checks
9. Maintains trucking company files including certificates of insurance, TWIC cards, Driver Certificates of Understanding, and training.
10. Accurate preparation and completion of all related paperwork.
11. Respond to terminal related emergencies when called upon to do so. Participate in training drills as required.
12. Assist and provide training or guidance to new, as well as qualified, transport drivers, always ensuring they are abiding with all terminal policies, rules, and procedures.
13. Provide training to new and existing employees on BLIS & Dearman systems.
14. Assist with entering contractors/drivers into the C-Cure 9000 security management system.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
(A) High School Diploma
(B) At least two or three years of experience in the petrochemical industry.
(C) Must be able to pass background check to qualify for a TWIC card.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
(A) Mathematical and analytical skills
(B) Organizational Skills
(C) Proficiency in administrative documentation procedures
(D) Attentive to detailing accuracy
Equipment Used in Job Performance:
A) Knowledge of relevant Computers and applications
B) Use of all office equipment
D) Company Vehicles
E) Two-way radios
F) Safety equipment
H) Hand Tools
I) Manual and motor operated valves
J) Calibrated gauging tapes and bobs
K) Thermometers and Thermo Probes
M) Mechanized loading arms.
N) Pressure gauges.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
1. Knowledge of terminal operational facilities and procedures
2. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
3. Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
4. Ability to work in an office environment
5. Ability to communicate with customers and terminal personnel
6. Ability to work overtime as needed.
7. Ability to work in the outside element.
8. Ability to make decisions in a variable environment.
9. Ability to perform climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling and moderate lifting. Must be able to work in confined spaces, over water and not be afraid of heights.
10. Must be able to operate manual valves.
11. Must be able to properly distinguish measurements and increments on a gauging tape and pressure gauges.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment