Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
Purpose of the job:
To assist in general engineering and maintenance duties and manage projects.
1. Assist in general engineering and maintenance work duties.
2. Generate and maintain work orders and close out after completion.
3. Review project drawings and specifications.
4. Assist estimating with takeoffs and review contractor proposals.
5. Assist project engineer.
6. Pre-constructions planning schedules and meetings.
7. Develop and analyze project financial projection.
8. Monitor quality, production and safety.
9. Estimate small projects.
10. Create work requisitions.
11. Initiate MOCs.
12. Review change orders and red line drawings during construction.
• Manage projects from cradle to grave
• Full participation in and compliance with all of IMTT’s safety related programs
• Effective communication and teamwork
1. EAM/Microsoft Projects, Word, Excel, Capbase
2. Ability to manage numerous and varied projects in a frequently changing work environment.
3. Valid driver’s license.
4. Successful completion of a drug screen urinalysis.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
(A) High School Diploma or Equivalent
(B) Construction Manager Degree or Engineering Degree preferred
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
1. TWIC Card
2. OSHA Health and Safety done via Computer Based Training
Working Conditions and Environment:
A. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
B. Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
C. Ability to work in the outside element.
D. Ability to make decisions in a variable environment,
E. Ability to communicate with all other departments.
F. The large scale of the operation and the extensive layout of some of the IMTT facilities require that the applicant have the ability to walk and stand on uneven terrain, to climb stairs and ladders, and traverse inclines: uphill, downhill or mixed. Furthermore, because the facility and adjoining facilities handle hazardous materials, the applicant must be able to ingress and egress in foreseeable emergencies. The applicant must be able to work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
G. Must be able to work in a confined space, over water and not be afraid of heights.
H. Ability to wear and use a respirator.
I. Ability to work overtime as needed.
J. Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties and attend training, workshops, and seminars.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment.