Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
The purpose of this job is to assist the Conductor in the prompt movement, safety and care of the train and its cargo.
1. Throwing of track switches.
2. Coupling and uncoupling of railcars.
3. Setting or removing of brakes and chocks.
4. Inspection of railcars.
5. Inspection and maintenance of tracks and switches.
6. Fueling and maintenance of the locomotives.
7. Must assume Locomotive Engineer or Conductor position as needed.
8. Must have a working knowledge of Federal Railroad Administration rules and regulations per 49 CFR.
9. Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
(A) High School Diploma
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
(A) Locomotive Engineering Certificate as per 49 CFR 240.223 or be able to successfully pass operation performance test for the same.
(B) Must be able to successfully pass both written and performance test based on East Jersey Railroad Operation rules.
(C) Must pass FRA physical test requirements.
(D) Valid Driver’s License
(E) Transportation Workers Identification Credentials (TWIC)
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment.