IMTT has an opening for a Mechanical Maintenance Techician at our Geismar Facility.
The Major Job Responsibilities include:
1. Plan, execute and record periodic maintenance and repair on terminal mechanical equipment and instrumentation in computerized maintenance program.
2. Perform hands-on troubleshooting, maintenance and repair on all terminal equipment.
3. Assist the Operations and Drumming Departments as required.
4. Drive a company vehicle.
Education Requirements include:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Diploma – Industrial Trade School or equivalent.
1. At least five years of experience in mechanical maintenance or construction related activities in an industrial setting. This requirement can be waived by IMTT depending on educational background and/or other occupational experience.
2. General experience in an industrial chemical manufacturing/handling maintenance setting.
3. Computer literacy.
4. The job requires strenuous activities and heavy lifting in an outdoor environment. Incumbent must walk rough terrain, climb stairs and ladders on 80 foot high tanks and lift 50 pounds on a routine basis.
5. Capable of participating in the terminal emergency response organization and wearing an SCBA and other chemical PPE.
6. Valid driver’s license.
7. Depends on specific position being filled.