The Regulatory Compliance Manager is responsible for maintaining a variety of regulatory
compliance programs at IMTT-Bayonne, including, but not limited to, the pipeline safety
compliance program (PHMSA), Process Safety Management program (PSM), Risk Management
Program (RMP), and Food Safety Plan. The Regulatory Compliance Manager will also be
responsible for the development of any additional compliance processes or requirements pursuant to
federal, state, and local EHSS regulations. While this position will be primarily based in Bayonne,
NJ, the Regulatory Compliance Manager may be tasked with company-wide initiatives or assigned
responsibilities at other IMTT terminals.
1. Design, develop, implement, and maintain programs, policies, and practices to ensure the
organization complies with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Create and
manage budgets as required to ensure compliance.
2. Remain up-to-date on current, pending, and proposed EHSS regulations and developments in
the bulk liquid storage industry. Consult local and regional management on both current and
future regulatory impacts.
3. Represent Company during regulatory audits, inquires, and investigations. Provide support
and guidance to operational assets to prepare them for regulatory audits and inspections as
4. Prepare compliance status reports for internal management.
5. Complete and submit all required regulatory permits, filings, and reports.
6. Enforce compliance with regulations and Company standards, procedures, and/or processes.
7. Evaluate and provide technical guidance on all compliance-related requests.
8. Assist the various Company departments regarding permitting, project development and
implementation, and compliance issues.
9. Support Engineering and Operations functions on new construction or modifications of
regulated assets and operations.
10. Develop and mentor staff in leadership and technical skills necessary for succession.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, or related technical field
2. Over ten years of applicable experience in leadership, project management, and regulatory
3. Experience in developing and evaluating effective regulatory compliance programs and an
understanding of applicable regulations
4. Knowledge of oil and gas and related industry operations